Reports to: The Research Assistant-Webinar Host will report to the program lead.
Job Overview: The Research Assitant-Webinar Host will work closely with the Webinar Producer on identifying potential guests, planning webinars, developing interview questions and promoting interaction between webinar guests and. Due to COVID-19, all work will be completed remotely; students are expected to attend online meetings with their client(s) and team as needed.
- Interviewing guests on Zoom or other platforms
- Answers questions that may arise in the course of the discussion
- Ensuring webinar interactions remain within the identified theme
- Moderating or removing derogatory and disparaging messages, posts, comments or questions
- Expected to have access to the necessary software to complete the task
- Ability to communicate effectively in front of a camera
- Prior experience with online workshops, webinars or tutorials
- Knowledge and understanding of online platforms and moderation tools
- Excellent communication skills, including online etiquette and proper tone
- Ability to maintain a positive team-player attitude, remain calm and professional under pressure, work collaboratively and independently with diverse individuals
If you are a Humber student interested in joining the team, please send your digital portfolio, or resume including samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the specific job in the subject line. Please include your student number, program, and semester in your message.
Application deadline: Friday, June 19, 2020
Candidates will be assessed on their written applications. Virtual interviews will take place only if necessary during June 22- 26, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.