Reports to: The Research Assistant-Creative Video Editor will report to the program lead.
Job Overview: The Research Assistant-Creative Video Editor be responsible for assembling recorded material into a finished product that is suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. Due to COVID-19, all work will be completed remotely; students are expected to attend online meetings with their client(s) and team as needed.
- Edit video footage, improve video and sound quality using multimedia software
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips and other important aspects of the project
- Expected to have access to the necessary software to complete the task
- Comfortable with multimedia and video editing software
- An understanding of live streaming video; webinar experience would be an asset
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, strong organizational skills, and adaptability
- Ability to maintain a positive team-player attitude, remain calm and professional under pressure, work collaboratively and independently with diverse individuals
If you are a Humber student interested in joining the team, please send your digital portfolio, or resume including samples of your work to email@example.com and indicate the specific job in the subject line. Please include your student number, program, and semester in your message.
Application deadline: Friday, July 3, 2020
Candidates will be assessed on their written applications. Virtual interviews will take place only if necessary.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.