Reports to: The Research Assistant-Copywriter will report to the program lead.
Job Overview: The Research Assistant-Copywriter will be accountable for editing/proofreading blog posts created by WRIT 100 students before publication as well as writing compelling copy for social media, websites, blogs and digital media ads. Due to COVID-19, all work will be completed remotely; students are expected to attend online meetings with their client(s) and team
- Edit and proofread content before publication to ensure quality and accuracy
- Craft written content that influences audiences across different social media platforms
- Understand the needs associated with a project and its target audience(s)
- Write blog content based on SEO and conduct SEO research for high-performing keywords that align with a website’s or piece of content’s goals
- Expected to have access to the necessary software to complete the task
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and integrating keyword strategy into copy and content
- Ability to maintain a positive team-player attitude, remain calm and professional under pressure, work collaboratively and independently with diverse individuals
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, strong organizational skills, and adaptability
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Applications)
If you are a Humber student interested in joining the team, please send your digital portfolio, or resume including samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the specific job in the subject line. Please include your student number, program, and semester in your message.
Application deadline: Friday, June 19, 2020
Candidates will be assessed on their written applications. Virtual interviews will take place only if necessary during June 22- 26, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.