Is this a paid job?
- Yes, students are paid an hourly rate.
Can the hours count for my Work Placement?
- Please connect with your Program Coordinator and Placement Advisor to discuss this.
What is my job title? what can I put on my resume?
- As a Humber student, you will be hired by Humber’s Applied Research & Innovation, as a “Research Assistant”, your task will vary based on the project. Examples are: WordPress development, SEO, graphic design, business research, photography, videography, professional writing, blog and Social Media integration.
- You will be working with a small team of your Humber colleagues on one or more industry projects, reporting to the faculty lead.
Do I need to work on-campus?
- Due to COVID-19, all work will be completed remotely, and meetings will take place online.
- We will work together on setting meeting times based on your availability and timetable. Meetings may take place during evenings or weekends.
How many hours per week am I expected to work?
- Flexible hours depending on your timetable, project requirements, and availability to meet with clients.
Will I have to work on this during my exams? or during the holidays?
- No meetings will be scheduled during exam weeks or holidays.
Does this qualify as a co-curricular experience?
- Yes, and it can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
- Activity: HumberOnline.Solutions
- Position: Research Assistant