About this Project
This experiential learning project is a collaborative multidisciplinary initiative between:
- Class: BUS 2504 Web Development course, Longo Faculty of Business
- Industry Partner: Sinful Desserts
- Funding: Experience Venture, Longo Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Faculty supervisors:
- Hanadi Alnawab, Digital Business Management BComm, Longo Faculty of Business
- Meaghan Strimas, Bachelor of Creative & Professional Writing, Faculty of Media and Creative Arts
Meet our Team
- Sydney Matheson, Web Developer, Digital Business Management BComm, Longo Faculty of Business
- Ava Edwards, Copywriter, Bachelor of Creative and Professional Writing, Faculty of Media and Creative Arts
- Jodi Lewis, Graphic Designer, Graphic Design, Faculty of Media and Creative Arts
- Moore Wang, Photographer, Creative Photography, Faculty of Media and Creative Arts
- Ciel Cheng, Photographer, Creative Photography, Faculty of Media and Creative Arts
Meet our Industry Partner
Located in Burlington, Ontario, Sinful Desserts has been successfully designing, producing, and distributing fine European quality desserts since 1996 to some of the most elite names in the Hospitality Industry including: Golf Clubs, Hotels, Convention Centers, Banquet Halls, Yacht Clubs, Private Clubs, Fine Dining Restaurants, and Fine Food Stores.
Sinful Desserts would like to explore creating an online store and catering to individual retail customers where products can be ordered online and picked up at their Burlington location.
Through the BUS 2504 Web Development course, students will be working in small teams in collaboration with Sinful Desserts, each team will create a Shopify website for Sinful Desserts.
- Week 4 (Sept 28): we had our discovery call with Brian Colaco, the business owner watch recording & view the notes
- Week 9 (Nov 13): photoshoot (e-commerce)
- Week 10 (Nov 20): photoshoot (lifestyle)
- Google folder with product list and descriptions from Brian
- Google folder with pictures from our Media team
Branding & Graphic Design
Our graphic designer presented initial sketches, followed by three digitized concepts to refine. Brian’s choice was to refine the first concept.