This webinar is part of our Winter 2021 Success: A Digital Era Edition project.
About the Webinar
Feeling unmotivated? Stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? If you answered yes to any of these questions you aren’t alone. According to Michigan Medicine, college students are more prone to anxiety and depression than the greater populace. A fact which has been amplified by the isolation and additional stressors caused by the pandemic.
This webinar will provide you with an understanding of the signs of deteriorating mental health, so you are better equipped to identify them in yourself as well as family and friends. Expert speaker and registered Psychotherapist Candice Hamilton-Miller will discuss relevant stressors including learning from home, feeling isolated, and post grad identity. Webinar attendees will also learn tips and tricks to manage anxiety and depression, ensuring that their mental health isn’t running the show.
- Understand the importance of self-care and mental wellness in dealing with anxiety, depression, and pandemic induced pressures
- Learn the tools to recognize and manage unhealthy behaviours and coping mechanisms
- Learn important self-care habits that can improve your physical and mental wellbeing
- The opportunity to talk to registered psychotherapist Candice Hamilton-Miller and be informed on sources of support
About our Guest
Our guest speaker Candice Hamilton-Miller acquired her bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Cape Town in South Africa and in Toronto, Canada. Later, she acquired a master’s degree in Family Relations and Human Development from the University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada.
Candice has a diverse field of experience and has worked with children and families for over 20 years. Having taken courses in Play Therapy, Family Therapy and Sex Therapy, Verbal Behaviour, she has worked with families and children with special needs like Autism, Speech and Language problems and mental health concerns like depression, anxiety and ADHD.
Currently, Candice works as a Registered Psychotherapist at CHM Therapy Services which was founded by her in 2010. CHM Therapy Services won the 2020 Milton Reader’s Choice Award as the Diamond winner in the category of Best Mental Health Consultant. CHM Therapy Services provides multiple services surrounding mental health to children, teens, families, groups and adult individuals. They promote mental wellness and the accessibility of information to everyone.
Connect with Candice Hamilton-Miller on LinkedIn!
- Kelly Dong, Producer
- Kiona Harrison, Producer
- Olivia Domenichini, Moderator
- Zainab Egbeyemi, Moderator
- Megan Garrard, Copywriter
- Avery Newman, Copywriter
- Sylvie Ngwshi Nji Azah, Copywriter
- Jessica Ceolin, Marketing
- Ching Chen (Chrissy), Marketing
- Ly Cam Nguyen (Lee), Marketing