This webinar is part of our Winter 2021 Success: A Digital Era Edition project.
|Date||Monday March 22, 2021|
|Time||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.|
After registering, you will receive an email with a link to join the webinar
About the Webinar (Panel Discussion)
Join the Fashion Management BComm, Faculty of Business students as they host a virtual conversation on Pathways to Success: Defining the Job Market in Times of Change. This webinar features three guest speakers on a Fashion panel discussion on how the current pandemic has affected the current job market, the challenges they once faced or are doing so currently, and tips on how to not only adapt, but thrive during this new normal. We will also be focusing on how COVID-19 has affected different areas of the fashion industry as a supply chain, business closures, and the new trends that have evolved due to our new normality.
- Gain insight of the current state of fashion and where it is leading according to knowledgeable people in the field.
- Learn the tools and strategies needed to have a smooth entrance in the fashion industry working force post-graduation.
- Learn from experts in the industry how they have adapted to the constant evolving fashion industry and learn important strategies on how to navigate it successfully.
- Answer any doubts students may have when it comes to looking for jobs and where to find them.
- Learn current trends in the fashion industry, customer trends, business trends, and patterns the current pandemic has shaped the industry to adapt to.
About our Guests
Our first guest speaker is Evelyn Reynolds. With more than ten years in the industry, Evelyn has acquired experience from many big fashion companies. Evelyn worked for Holt Renfrew as Vice President/Senior Vice President for 12 years, leading their womenswear business from 2003-2005. Later on, she worked as Vice President of Coldwater Creek, where she was responsible for leading a segment of the product development team to create and develop products for retail and direct channels. In 2006, for a short time, she was also vice president of Merchandising in the women’s apparel and accessories department for Chico’s FAS. In 2009, Evelyn took the Vice President role for The Hudson’s Bay Company, where later on, she became Merchant and Vendor for their International Programs. In 2018, she became Director of Business Development for Aurora Realty Consultants. Currently, she is the President and Founding Partner of Retail Resource Partners Inc, where she provides strategies in business development with a focus on a broad spectrum of fashion, home, beauty, and food.
Gayatri Seth currently works as Creative Marketing Specialist at Chaska, La Prep.Gayatri Seth is a graduate from the Fashion Arts and Business program as well as the Bachelor of Commerce, Fashion Management Program at Humber College. During Gayatri’s time at Humber she completed an internship at Platinum Sales agency and a CO-OP at FANIQUE. After graduation Gayatri worked as a Creative Marketing Specialist at Timeless Jewels by Shveta.
Our final speaker, Transam Urdarbe is a graduate of the Fashion Arts and Business program at Humber College. While studying at Humber, Transam worked as Assistant Art Director in Infuse Magazine and also as a Sales Coach and Trainer for Hennes and Mauritz (HM). Shortly after graduation Transam relocated to Greater Montreal where he is currently a Studio Assistant at SSENSE studio.
- Huixin Li (Producer)
- Alejandra Rivera (Moderator)
- Jose Henriquez (Moderator)
- Valeria Cano (Copywriter)
- Laura Jimenez (Copywriter)
- Asal Feiz (Marketing)
- Fan Meng (Marketing)
Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash