This webinar is part of our Fall 2020 Building Digital Capacity project.
About the Webinar
This webinar is for you if you’d like to learn how major retailers use Artificial Intelligence to transform customer experiences. The retail sector has been significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Retailers have shifted their strategies by redefining the way they interact with customers.
You will learn how major retailers use AI and smart assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa in simplifying the online shopping experience. Join us as we explore the in-store shopping experience, analyzing the role of service robots in providing customer service.
- This webinar offers an insight into the retail industry and smart technologies.
- Learn how retailers are bridging the gap between online and offline channels.
- Understand how Artificial Intelligence is integrated to improve retail service.
About the Presenter
Irina Gorea is a GTA-based social media researcher with a passion for influencer marketing. She has over 5 years of experience in B2B Marketing and is currently a part-time Professor at Humber College’s Faculty of Business. She completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Business Management and a Marketing Diploma with Honours at Humber College.
Irina holds a Masters in Science of Management from Ryerson University where she’s been nominated for her exemplary thesis on the role of Instagram Influencers on consumer behaviour. She’s worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at Ted Rogers School of Management, and as a Marketing Manager at Arteest Marketing. Irina was a research assistant at TRSM’s Social Media Lab where she studied an AI approach to determine toxic interaction on Twitter. She is also co-authoring a chapter of a textbook on smart technologies and retail applications that will be released in the near future. Connect with Irina on LinkedIn!
|Date||Wednesday Sept 23, 2020|
|Time||7:00 to 8:00 PM|
- Samantha Ruth, Digital Business Management – Bachelor of Commerce, Faculty of Business
- Val Kim, Digital Business Management – Bachelor of Commerce, Faculty of Business
- Faduma Ahmed, Digital Business Management – Bachelor of Commerce, Faculty of Business
- Devon Hunter, Finance Management – Bachelor of Commerce, Faculty of Business
- Wendy Escajadillo, Multimedia Design and Development, Faculty of Media & Creative Arts
The following work was completed as part of the WRIT 100 course, supervised by Heba Al-samarrie, professor at the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences & Innovative Learning